Children’s Community Nursing
The Gloucestershire’s Children’s Community Nursing Team (GCCNT) delivers a community-based nursing service to children and young people with specific medical conditions requiring nursing treatment.
It is a countywide specialist nursing service for children and young people aged up to 18 who have a designated consultant paediatrician managing their ongoing care.
We provide nursing treatment for children to facilitate early discharge from hospital or prevent a hospital admission. This nursing care will enable children and young people’s acute and complex health needs to be managed in their own home or an appropriate clinic setting. The team provides transitional care into adult services.
Call: 0300 4218299
Weekends and Bank Holidays: 07917 203432
Springbank Community Resource Centre
We specialise in:
- Gastrostomy management
- Nasogastric care
- Wound care
- Assessment for specialised bed and gastrostomy equipment
- Assessment of care needs for the provision of complex care packages
- Intravenous medication
- Subcutaneous injections for conditions e.g. rheumatology
- Cardiac care following discharge from regional centre
- End of life care to children in their own homes
Referrals are accepted from GPs, consultants or other healthcare professionals. This includes referrals from hospitals or other agencies
- All children and young people referred to the CCN must have a designated Consultant Paediatrician managing their on-going care
- Referrals can be made directly by telephone, fax, post or email
- Children requiring an Assessment of Care Needs will also require an additional referral form
Where you may be seen
The Children’s Community Nursing Team work countywide and care will be delivered in a variety of settings. This may include schools, clinics, nurseries or in the child’s home if appropriate.
How do I cancel or change an appointment?
If you need to reschedule an appointment, please contact the team on 0300 421 8299 as soon as possible, so that this appointment can be offered to someone else.
www.nutricia.co.uk – Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition UK
www.vygon.co.uk – Vygon (UK) Ltd
www.gbukhealthcare.com – GBUK Healthcare
www.ccaa.org.uk – Children’s Chronic Arthritis Association
www.tinytickers.org – UK Charity for babies with serious heart conditions
www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk – UK Charity for children with life threatening and life-limiting conditions.