The huge contribution made by hardworking ²gether staff will be recognized in our annual award scheme. Nominations are now open for the Recognising Outstanding Service and Contribution Awards (ROSCAs) and this year is a double celebration as it coincides with the 70th anniversary of the birth of the NHS. The scheme acknowledges staff, teams and volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution and commitment to our organisation. There will be an annual awards ceremony where great colleagues are celebrated in addition to a monthly award for the best supporting colleague category.
Nick Grubb, Assistant HR Director, said: “There can be little doubt that our staff, both clinical and non-clinical do amazing work year on year to provide the best possible care to the community we serve. We know that our colleagues seldom seek out praise but we firmly believe that the dedication and commitment shown should be recognised. That is why we are delighted to invite colleagues once again to nominate members of staff to receive formal recognition of their contribution. Service users and carers also have the opportunity to nominate teams or individuals who have made a difference to them.
Nominations can be put forward for the following categories:
• Unsung Hero
• Award for Innovation
• Carer and Service User Involvement
• Clinical Team of the Year
• Non-Clinical Team of the Year
• Valuing Diversity
• Best Supporting Colleague
• Best Supporting Manager
• CEO Award for Outstanding Contribution
Nick added: “These are the 11th ROSCAs and it is uplifting to read the nominations as they come in. Last year we had a record 270 nominations so hopefully we may even surpass that total this year. And this time there is cause for a double celebration as our awards coincide with the 70th anniversary of the founding of our NHS.”You can nominate an individual member of staff or a team from any staff group who you believe makes an outstanding contribution and deserves recognition.
• You cannot nominate yourself or a family member for a ROSCA
• You cannot nominate the team in which you work for a ROSCA. However, Team Managers can now nominate their teams as long as they are not included in the nomination.
• If you have any doubt about who is part of the team and who can nominate a team please call Nick Grubb on 01452 894 658. The closing date for nominations is Friday 2nd March 2018 more details here